Sunday, March 21, 2010

Apologies... Oga's!

So, I've been a very, very bad blogger. But I can explain!

I recently began writing for TableCritic.com. It's a site designed to promote restaurants in a review-like format. So most of my time has been spent there.

But it doesn't mean I haven't been eating at restaurants! Oh yes, I have. And the reviews will start coming again, I promise. Starting with Oga's in Framingham!

Since I've moved out here, I've noticed that Oga's is always packed every single time I drove down Route 9. It's not exactly the ideal location, in a plaza with a Blockbuster (I have no idea how those stores stay open and operating) and some cell phone carrier, so I had always been skeptical. I finally decided to give a shot, and boy, was it worth it.

The room is surprisingly beautiful, with dividers and a beautiful sushi bar. The tables were full with a lot of happy people, which is always a good sign.

The fluke ceviche with ponzu was just amazing. With thin slices of fluke garnished with shiitake mushrooms and what I think was chervil, the grapefruit-y juice turned the fluke into this wonderfully tender yet firm ceviche. I could've eaten two more plates. The raw tuna/raw salmon spring roll was delicious as well, with a black bean and garlic sauce dip.

We ordered a two person sushi boat, and ate every single bite. The fish quality is very high, and well cut. While a little on the pricey side, I would absolutely return to Oga's for a special occasion or date night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment