Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Gluten-free Rice Cooker Pancake

Gluten free bisquick + a handful of blueberries + a rice cooker = deliciousness!

We decided to do breakfast for dinner the other day, and I've seen the rice cooker pancake going around on Buzzfeed. It looked too good to be true, but I figured I'd give it a shot. I don't have a fancy rice cooker (it's literally 15 years old), all it has is a single button that pops up when the rice is ready.


I have to say, I was really impressed with how it turned out. All I did was spray the rice cooker with cooking spray, pour the batter in, throw a handful of blueberries on top, and push the button. The top of it was not as cooked as I would have liked, so I transferred it to a baking sheet and popped it in the toaster oven for a couple of minutes. But otherwise, it was a rousing success.

My only suggestion would be to use a little more oil in the batter than the recipe calls for. I had a slightly difficult time getting the pancake out, as I do not have a nonstick rice cooker. Next time, I'm going to add chocolate chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment